TAFE Queensland is the largest and most experienced provider of further education and training in Queensland offering practical, industry-relevant training to over 180,000 students annually, across more than 500 program areas.
On 1 July 2013, TAFE Queensland was established as an independent statutory body under the TAFE Queensland Act 2013.
The TAFE Queensland network is made up of six regions, delivering training from Thursday Island to the Gold Coast, from Bundaberg to Roma and across the south-east corner. Find out more about the TAFE Queensland network:
TAFE Queensland great facts
- Our courses are designed in consultation with employers to ensure programs align with latest industry practices and prepare graduates for work.
- Training is offered through a variety of modes across Queensland, Australia and beyond, including traditional classroom, distance and online, workplace training and blended delivery methods.
- Our courses are taught by experienced teachers who are passionate about sharing their industry knowledge with the next generation of professionals.
- Our qualifications are recognised across Australia and respected world-wide, and we offer a broad range of study options across certificate, diploma, advanced diploma, associate degree and bachelor degree level qualifications.
Changes to TAFE Queensland
We're always looking at ways to improve. As part of the Queensland Government's Great Skills. Real Opportunities reforms, in 2012 TAFE Queensland set about looking at all areas of the organisation to ensure students receive the services they deserve and that we continue to meetthe needs of an ever changing economy.
We're genuinely excited by these changes. To make sure our students stay at the centre of everything we do, we are:
- working on implementing a new student Learning Management System
- improving online access to courses; you can't escape the digital revolution and neither can we!
- constantly reviewing our course offerings; currently, 88.9% of our students go on to employment or further study. While this is the highest rate in Australia, we want it to be 100%.
- Finding better ways to deliver training where and when students want it.
While we continue to make these changes at TAFE Queensland, it's business as usual for students, clients and those considering studying at TAFE Queensland.