||On campus Workshop Delivery / Face to Face
||Workshop 13 only
1. TAFE – Workshop delivery / face to face
- The units of competency in each workshop are indicated in the delivery mode box on the Tafe Queensland Apprentice Professional Cookery Calendar.
- Each workshop is 3 days (7 hours / day + Independent study)
- Each workshop is Monday - Wednesday except workshop 10 and 11, these are Tuesday – Thursday.
- Public holidays may affect workshop dates.
- The workshops can be studied in any order as long as the pre-requisite unit has been completed SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety, however TAFE Queensland would recommend following the study schedule.
- Dates are subject to change and workshops may cancel due to low enrolments.
- When attending classes at any TAFE Queensland campus all food and learning materials will be provided to the student
2. Workplace delivery - off campus / face to face blended with online learning
- The units of competency are indicated on the Tafe Queensland Apprentice Workplace Delivery Calendar.
- Regular visits and assessment are scheduled across the term of the apprenticeship as discussed with your Workplace Teacher.
- Assessments will be conducted at your workplace as and when required by your Workplace Teacher
- The pre-requisite unit SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety must be completed first.
- For any practical assessments conducted at the students workplace, the workplace will be responsible for providing food items, however learning materials will be provided. Please discuss this with your Workplace Teacher.
Students must be employed as an apprentice and have a signed Registered Training Contract, stating TAFE Queensland Brisbane is the Supervising Registered Training Organisation (SRTO).
The Queensland Government's Apprenticeships Info website provides information about apprenticeships and traineeships (including school-based) in Queensland.
For further information about probationary periods for this trade qualification, visit Queensland Training Information Service.
1030 Cavendish Road
Mt. Gravatt QLD 4122
South Brisbane QLD 4101
No specific resources are required to successfully complete this course.
It is recommended that students have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect, and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player. This equipment and software is available for students to use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
There are full time and part time apprenticeships on offer and the program is delivered using a range of training options:
· Workplace delivery – The apprentice is assessed in their workplace by a TAFE Assessor.
· 1 day release – This will be 1 day per week over an 8 week period.
· 2 day release – This will be 2 days per week over an 4 week period.
· Block release - This will be 4 days per week over an 2 week period.
South Bank - 2 day and block release options
Mt Gravatt and Bracken Ridge - 1 day release option