||Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
This qualification has no formal entry criteria however TAFE Queensland Brisbane has the following selection criteria for this qualification;
- Have sufficient relevant experience and knowledge of community development work to indicate likely success at this level of qualification in a job role involving:
- The application of knowledge with depth in some areas and demonstration of a broad range of technical and other skills;
- A wide range of tasks and roles in a variety of contexts, with complexity in the range and choices of actions required and including work with culturally diverse clients and co-workers;
- The exercise of discretionary judgement and decision making under general guidance.
If you’re under 17 years of age, special enrolment conditions may apply.
50-68 Armstrong Road
Meadowbrook QLD 4131
It is recommended that students have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player. This equipment and software is available for students to use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
Students must provide evidence of work / industry experience as Vocational Placement is not included in this program.
This program may offer delivery through the my.TAFE online system. Where this occurs, you will participate in online units and activities.
To access the learning platform my.TAFE, you will require the following:
- A computer running Mac OS X or Microsoft Windows 2000 or higher
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6, Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or higher.
- Microsoft Word & Excel 2003 or higher, or an equivalent productivity package.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Adobe Flash Player
View the timetable. Please note, the timetable for future semesters may differ to the current schedule. If you need help or can't find what you're looking for, give us a call on 1300 712 007.
Please be aware in some instances organisations may require students to undertake a Federal Police Check (cost $42) and or apply for a Blue Card for placement.
Students participating in compulsory vocational placement will be required to undergo a Working with Children Check and receive a positive notice and a Blue Card (for more information refer here)