Own your future with beauty and hairdressing courses designed to bring out your style potential.
There's no better 'feel good' career than beauty and hairdressing - you help people to feel more self-confident every day. TAFE Queensland Brisbane's beauty therapy and hairdressing courses are dedicated to people who have a passion in bringing out the beauty in others. And it is this focus on your individual style and natural talents, paired with our industry partnerships, which sets our training apart.
With our qualifications you'll receive hands-on training and learn salon business skills including communicating with clients, demonstrating beauty products, retailing and merchandising. You will have direct contact with real clients, new ideas, top quality products and purpose-built facilities, giving you everything you need to establish a career reshaping the confidence of others.
Whether it is the Diploma of Beauty Therapy or a hairdressing course you choose, you will be receiving a qualification that is recognised by industry and is focused on making you job ready.
Some of our top courses in this field include:
- Certificate II in Hairdressing
- Certificate III in Hairdressing
- Certificate IV in Hairdressing
- Certificate III in Beauty Services
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy
Other courses and industries in this space include:
Major Industry Employers:
- Oscar Oscar
- Toni & Guy
- Hairhouse Warehouse
- S & S Salons
- Bossy Hair
- Ella Bache
- Stephanies Luxury Spa Group
- Pure Indulgence
- Brazilian Beauty
Five reasons to study beauty and hairdressing at TAFE Queensland Brisbane
- You will get hands-on experience working in our day spa with its own Vichy shower.
- Leading hairdressing chain, Stefan, send all their trainees and apprentices to us (we must be good!).
- Our diploma course teaches photographic makeup and spa treatments.
- Study now and pay later with VET FEE-HELP for a range of diplomas.
- You can apply to TAFE Queensland Brisbane and university at the same time with our USQ pathways program through QTAC
Did you know?
- Australia will need another 3,100 beauty therapists by 2017.
- Australians spent almost $7 billion on hair and beauty services in 2011-12.
I've done it!
"It's clear to me why TAFE Queensland Brisbane has an outstanding industry reputation. The teachers are industry experts with real world experience who have set me up with confidence for a career in a salon or to start my own business. TAFE Queensland's program offers work experience in a salon which led to me being employed before I'm fully qualified!"
Daniel Schimdt, student, Diploma of Beauty Therapy