Early Childhood Education and Care training that nurtures your potential.
Educating and caring for young children during their formative years is a privilege and a great responsibility. There is clear evidence that the early years of a child's life are very important for their present and future health, development and well-being. By studying child care courses through TAFE Queensland Brisbane, you will gain a depth of understanding into these early years, and how as an educator, you have the ability to help promote growth and development for early childhood.
TAFE Queensland Brisbane will help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to provide high quality care and plan developmentally appropriate experiences that will maximise the chances of children reaching their full potential. You are a part of their future, and with our courses you will acquire the knowledge to help children gain the abilities and confidence to take on and succeed in the schooling system. From basic knowledge and understanding of socialisation and working as a team through to recognition of the development of motor skills and major milestones, the depth of our training will set you up for a rewarding career in child care.
Major Industry Employers:
- Family day care schemes
- Education Queensland
- Long day care centres
- Before and after school care settings
- Independent schools
- Queensland Government Family Hubs
- Nannies and Babysitters
Our courses cover several aspects of a child's development:
Four reasons to study Early childhood education and care with TAFE Queensland Brisbane
- You'll learn how to manage real-world situations working in our simulated early childhood environments.
- TAFE Queensland is a leading institute in training people to work as teachers' aides in primary and secondary schools.
- Our children's services qualifications are practical, yet based on sound early childhood research.
- You can seamlessly move into university study and gain credit towards a degree with one of our pathway programs.
Did you know?
- Employment in early childhood education and care is projected to grow by 38,200, or 32.7 per cent, by 2017.
- The introduction of the National Quality Framework (NQF) in 2012, brings with it national benchmarks and requirements as a result of agreements between all state governments
- Higher qualifications are now required. Family day care educators (or equivalents) are required to be actively working toward a Certificate III in Education and Care equivalent.
- From January 1, 2016, improved educator to child ratios will be applied as key factor in delivering quality education and care to early childhood services.
With the requirements for higher levels of education from staff, as well as higher ratios of educators to children, being qualified through TAFE Queensland Brisbane will give you the foundation you need to successfully apply for child care jobs in Brisbane and throughout Australia.