Community services training focused on people power.
Whether it is counselling, youth work or family intervention, very few careers can match those of community workers and support services in terms of job fulfilment.
TAFE Queensland has certificate and diploma qualifications that focus on these distinct fields, with theory and core skills training delivered by experts, ensuring you are ready and able to start working as a qualified professional sooner. This is an opportunity to attain the understanding required to aid individuals and groups in need, wherever or whomever they are.
Some of our top courses in this field include:
- Certificate III in Community Services
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability)
- Diploma of Youth Work
- Diploma of Community Services
Major Industry Employers:
- Queensland Health
Other opportunities in this space include:
- Community services work
- Mental health professionals
- Youth and family intervention
- Youth work
- Community development
- Social housing
Three reasons to study community services with TAFE Queensland Brisbane
- We help you to help others. Our programs feature practical and industry-relevant training, with on-the-job training so you practice your skills in a real work environment.
- You are our number one priority. Our teachers and extensive support staff are here to assist you on your learning journey and beyond.
- Study now and pay later with VET FEE-HELP for diploma qualifications.
Did you know?
- Over 1.3 million Australians work in health and community services.
- By 2025, we'll need an 25 per cent more health and community services workers.
I've done it!
"In my years as a self-employed hairdresser I often felt I was counselling clients as much as doing their hair, so it seemed like a natural progression to become a counsellor. I was nervous about returning to study but the amazing support I received from my peers and teachers at TAFE Queensland Brisbane helped my transformation into a counselling professional and confident individual."
Yvette Allen, Diploma of Counselling