Own your future with education courses designed to help you shape the minds of others.
TAFE Queensland Brisbane will teach you all of these skills and show you how to impart your knowledge so that it is easily understood. From core knowledge, effective planning, leadership skills, the ability to engage with students, and the talent to alter teaching styles to reflect the way students learn best, your capacity to teach and influence others with be carefully honed and perfected.
We also provide specialised training designed to meet the varying needs of students and the workplace with teacher and assessor courses and Auslan training with teacher and assessor courses and Auslan training available..
Become a teacher, trainer or assessor with TAFE Queensland Brisbane and shape the minds and capacities of others.
Some of our top courses in this field include:
- Certificate II in Auslan
- Certificate III in Employment and Training
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Diploma of Education Support
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
Areas of specialisation in this field include:
- Training and assessment (TAE)
- Teaching English Language to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Auslan (sign language)
Major Industry Employers:
- Queensland Department of Education Training and Employment
- Private schools in Australia and around the world
Three reasons to study education and training with TAFE Queensland Brisbane
- TAFE Queensland Brisbane teachers excel in the art of teaching. After all it's what they do every day! They are highly experienced and passionate about passing their knowledge on to you, our future teachers!
- Practical placement means you get to put theory into practice in real-life situations. You will teach a range of different people with a range of skill levels.
- Flexible learning options to suit you - including online study options. Study anywhere, anytime and at a pace suited to you.
Did you know?
- In Australia we have more than 200 cultures speaking 260 different languages.
- the most common languages spoken in Australia are English, Mandarin, Italian, Arabic, Cantonese and Greek.
- Employment in education and training is projected to increase by 118,800 workers (or 13.3 per cent) by 2018.
Infographic: At present, there are sixty-two handshapes listed in the Signs of Australia dictionary of Auslan (Johnston, 1998).
I've done it!
Paula, a former student, is now teaching Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people at TAFE Queensland Brisbane.
"I was able to learn many theory-based principles of adult learning and achieved my personal goal of teaching and training Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people through the Certificate IV TAE program."
Paula Dewis - Certificate IV TAE