Design your career with hands on engineering and built environment training.
Want to shape the future of Australia's infrastructure? A qualification in civil engineering, drafting, building design or interior design will help you do just that!
The certificate and diploma courses offered at TAFE Queensland will give you the skills to design and construct projects of all shapes and sizes, and develop your creative potential to bring any space to life.
Your Own Way To Great
Take on the built environment space in your own with the help from hands-on dual programs, including:
- Diploma of Building Design/Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration/Bachelor of Design
- Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration/Bachelor of Design
Major Industry Employers:
- Parson Brinckerhoff
Areas of study:
Six reasons to study engineering and built environment with TAFE Queensland Brisbane
- Get practical experience with one-on-one teacher interaction - from computer-aided drawing, sketching, building mock-ups and interpreting building codes and regulations.
- Learn from teachers with industry experience - get hands-on designing all types of structures, from dams and bridges to transport systems, towers and buildings.
- Our programs offer multiple pathways to university and a bachelor degree if you're really ambitious and want to go to further study.
- Get a head-start on your career. Employers actively seek out TAFE Queensland Brisbane civil engineering students for cadetships due to the industry-relevant and practical training you receive through the course.
- Study is made easier with VET FEE-HELP available for several diploma qualifications within the Engineering and Built Environment unit.
- Fast track your way to a bachelor degree at university with an Associate Degree in Civil Engineering.
I've done it!
"Studying at TAFE Queensland Brisbane gave me an insight into all aspects of the industry, something that may have taken years. It also helped to prepare me for the challenges of the job so I knew what to expect. The teaching experience was great."
Sarah Russell - Student Associate Degree in Civil Engineering