Fashion and millinery courses focused on celebrating your unique vision.
The glamour of the global fashion industry is within your reach at TAFE Queensland.
Whether your love is for clothes, hats, swimwear or jewellery, we will give you the skills to design, produce and sell your ideas to the world. Bring your creativity and originality and leave with the skills for your dream job in a fashion house or as a freelance designer.
Our fashion programs are recognised worldwide as being absolutely cutting-edge, and we have partnerships with design houses around the world.
Travel the world with TAFE Queensland Brisbane
Each year a group of fashion students is given the opportunity to tkae their skills around the world on a study abroad tour. The most recent study abroad trip was to New York City. Check out some of the amazing experiences our students enjoyed!
Major Industry Employers:
- Calvin Klein
- Marc Jacobs
- Easton Pearson
Areas of study:
- Applied fashion design and technology
- Jewellery making
- Swimwear and lingerie design
- Design and production
- Visual merchandising
Five reasons to study fashion with TAFE Queensland Brisbane
- Gain practical skills (everything from sewing a hem to planning your first runway show) to start work straight away.
- Learn from teachers who have worked in fashion design, pattern making, and product development.
- Showcase your designs at the annual fashion parade.
- Have the chance to win a scholarship to study in Italy, Paris, New York or London.
- Take your training further with pathways to a Bachelor of Fashion (Apparel Engineering and Design) at the University of Canberra or a Bachelor of Screen Production at Mt Gravatt.
Did you know?
- When Jennifer Hawkins was crowned Miss Universe, she was wearing a dress designed by a TAFE Queensland Brisbane graduate.
- By 2014, the global children's wear market is expected to reach more than $186 billion.
- Globally, the revenue of the fashion industry reaches $1,200,000,000,000 each year.
I've done it!
Fashion graduate Grace Cross received the learning opportunity of a lifetime when she won the 19th Annual International Sponsorship Award, allowing her to study at London's Central Saint Martin's College of Art and Design.
"My favourite designers, Christopher Kane and Stella McCartney, studied at the prestigious Central Saint Martin's institute and to have the opportunity to train there myself is truly amazing. I love that fashion is a form of expression and I love how wearing something beautiful can make you feel wonderful inside."
Grace Cross - Advanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Technology