Hospitality courses designed to help you craft incredible experiences.
The hospitality industry in Queensland is booming, with new venues and festivals making their way onto the local scene. To match this boom and the expectations of modern consumers, we have created the state-of-the-art College of Tourism and Hospitality (COTAH).
Boasting a 200-seat fine dining restaurant, 100-seat bistro, 10 professional kitchens and a 60-seat theatre and demo kitchen, this world-class facility will have you mastering the art of working in a commercial kitchen, catering for events and functions and much more. From one course to the next, we deliver the skills needed to build a spectacular career anywhere in the world.
Whether it is in the kitchen or in front of house, this is your chance to know what excites people and how to dish it up, time and time again.
Some of our top courses in this field include:
- Certificate III in Hospitality
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Certificate III in Retail Baking (Bread)
- Certificate III in Retail Baking (Combined)
- Certificate III in Retail Baking (Cake and Pastry)
- Certificate IV in Patisserie
- Diploma of Hospitality Management
Major Industry Employers:
- Star Entertainment Group including Treasury Casino, Jupiters Casino and the new Queen's Wharf complex
- Royal International Convention Centre (RNA)
- Hilton Hotel Group
- Sofitel Hotel Group
- Rydges Hotel
- Parliament House
- Watermark Hotel
Qualifications you can take anywhere:
- Event management
- Commercial cookery
- Food and beverage
- Kitchen operations
- Food safety supervisor
- Responsible service of alcohol
- Meat retailing
- International Hospitality Service Program *new*
Top reasons to study hospitality with TAFE Queensland Brisbane
- We're award winners! In 2014 we took home the gold award for Tourism Education and Training at the Queensland Tourism Awards.
- Working in our restaurant preps you for the real world of cooking and hospitality.
- Our instructors are industry professionals and great teachers - two for the price of one!
- Flexible classes with online and evening modes of study available.
Did you know?
- Another 42,700 people are expected to be employed in the Australian hospitality industry by 2017.
I've done it!
"TAFE Queensland Brisbane gave me confidence and ammunition to succeed. They have pretty phenomenal teachers who have great connections with workplaces around Brisbane and afar. It's an education with a difference."
Nicole Blums, student, Diploma of Hospitality