Pride and identity through education.
Study across a range of industries to achieve your career goals at TAFE Queensland Brisbane
Our education programs and projects have helped over 6,000 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people improve their education outcomes and employment prospects for over 30 years. Chances are you know aunties and uncles, cousins and family who have been students here at TAFE Queensland Brisbane!
Examples of Indigenous employment options:
- Police Liaison Officer
- Australian Public Service Officer
- Department of Community Safety Officer
- Community Arts Facility Assistant
- Family Intake
- Community Service Officer
Areas of study:
Why study with TAFE Queensland Brisbane?
- Student Support Officers are available to help you with any issues that may affect your study. They can help you with enrolment procedures, assistance accessing Abstudy, and communicating with TAFE Queensland Brisbane staff.
- Courses are designed to help people achieve their aspirations and build their self-determination.
- Teachers understand you! They mix practical experience and current business theory. They are fully qualified and make sure your learning environment is supportive and friendly.
Did you know?
- In 1971, Neville Bonner was the first indigenous person to sit in the Commonwealth parliament.
- Are you carrying a famous Aboriginal in your wallet?
David Unaipon, a Ngarrindjeri man is featured on the front of Australia's 50-dollar note. He is known as a preacher, inventor and writer - he even designed a helicopter based on a boomerang.
- Aboriginal Australians of the year:
- 2014 Adam Goodes (AFL player)
- 2009 Mick Dodson (Professor of law)
- 1998 Cathy Freeman (athlete)
- 1992 Mandawuy Yunupingu (Yothu Yindi band leader)
- 1984 Lowitja O'Donoghue (nurse and ATSIC chairperson)
- 1979 Neville Bonner (first Aboriginal parliamentarian)
- 1978 Galarrwuy Yunupingu (Yolngu leader, brother of Mandawuy)
- 1971 Evonne Cawley (tennis player)
- 1968 Lionel Rose (boxer)
I've done it!
"The teachers were beyond supportive and they gave up a lot of their time for students that were struggling or needed extra help. I would recommend TAFE Queensland as a starting point for anyone that is interested in getting a kick-start in their career and doing so in a supportive and friendly environment."
Leesa Eggmolesse - Student, Diploma of Family Intake and Support