Music and sound production courses designed help you craft the sound of tomorrow.
Dance to the beat of your own career in the music industry with skills in music and sound production from TAFE Queensland Brisbane.
We will help you combine your creative talent with technical knowledge so that you can produce top-rate musical entertainment. Learn performance, theory, technical and production skills from teachers who are practicing musos and sound production specialists. A TAFE Queensland certificate or diploma qualification will set you apart in this competitive industry. Past students are working as DJs, musicians, producers, recorders and technicians.
Major Industry Employers:
- Sony Music
- Staging Connections
- Ministry of Sound
Find your path in the music business:
Six reasons to study music and sound production with TAFE Queensland Brisbane
- Be guided by talented teachers who live, breathe, work and teach in the music industry.
- Learn technical and theoretical skills to compose and arrange music, mix and produce sound, and operate audio equipment.
- Perform at and run our own live music venue, The Gig Studio.
- Practice with commercial quality audio production equipment and software, a modern recording studio, quality PA systems, stage and lighting gear.
- Gain life skills to succeed within the music industry.
- Transition to a Bachelor degree at university without having to re-apply through QTAC with one of our pathways programs.
Did you know?
- The band Sheppard of 'Let Me Down Easy' fame graduated from TAFE Queensland Brisbane.
- Your heartbeat changes and mimics the music you listen to.
- Flowers can grow faster by listening to music.
- Elvis Presley didn't write any of his songs.
I've done it!
"TAFE Queensland Brisbane was the biggest and most helpful stepping stone in the beginning of my music career. It is widely known that students have been taught the knowledge and skills from their teachers who are industry professionals. I've performed at Stereosonic, Summafielddayze and Creamfields festivals and in nightclubs."
Leigh Robke, Student. Diploma of Music.