Everyone learns differently
Whether you're currently in high school or have left school already, we have your pathway covered to get you on track to where you want to go. Completing your senior studies can open up doors to your future, including further study opportunities. The only limit is your imagination!
Choose your own adventure:
- Move into the workforce
- Find a new job
- Complete a trade or apprenticeship
- Go to university
- Get a practical diploma
High school students:
- 'Do year 11 and 12 differently' program website
- Senior studies (Certificate of Education Year 11 and 12)
- Access 10
Adult Tertiary Preparation
This intensive course will teach you to plan, research and present academic arguments through writing papers and speeches. Take your pick of the many electives in biology, chemistry, computing, mathematics, legal or physics. You will gain the skills needed for successful tertiary study including time management, problem solving, research and assignment writing, as well as exam and seminar presentation strategies.
Certificate IV in Adult Tertiary Preparation scholarships and bursaries
- If you live and study in Caboolture, you can apply for a QUT Encouragement Scholarship. You may also be eligible for a free Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT), as well as a QTAC application voucher.
- If you choose to study at Logan, you may be eligible for a free STAT preparation workshop and a free STAT test supplied by Griffith University.
- If you choose to enrol at South Bank, you may be eligible for a $600 Adult Learner Encouragement Bursary.
Top reasons to study school alternatives with TAFE Queensland Brisbane
- TAFE Queensland is totally different to high school! Forget the rules and detentions, wearing a uniform and attending assembly. TAFE Queensland teachers treat students as mature adults and cater to individual circumstances - after all, everyone learns differently.
- Our courses are nationally recognised. This means you could study at any university in Australia. Our Certificate IV in Adult Tertiary Preparation gives you a ranking between 74 and 91, so that you can complete the university degree you might have thought was out of reach.
Students are our number one priority. Benefit from an extensive student support network including counselling, literacy and learning support and career planning advisors.
Did you know?
- Former Prime Minister of Australia, Paul Keating, dropped out of school at age 14.
- Each additional year of schooling equals around a 10 per cent increase in earnings.
I've done it!
"I wanted to pursue a career as a speech pathologist, but with a 16-year gap in my education and a busy lifestyle, I couldn't see any way to achieve it. I needed a study option that could work around my role as a mum of four and carer to my husband. Adult tertiary preparation (ATP) was that option. The part-time mode gave me flexibility without sacrificing learning momentum or connection with fellow students, which were both critical to my success. ATP propelled my career dream into reality."
Rebecca Brady - Certificate IV in Adult Tertiary Preparation