The quest for answers never ends!
Have a passion for helping diagnose and cure disease and illness? Are you curious about the human body and solving scientific problems? Then our science and allied health courses are for you!
You don't have to be a doctor or a nurse to work in the esteemed medical field! TAFE Queensland offers several other options, including anaesthesia, pathology, sterilisation and laboratory operations, meaning you get to help people lead healthy and happy lifestyles.
Major Industry Employers:
- Queensland Medical Laboratories (QML) Pathology
- Sullivan & Nicolaides
- Pathology Queensland
Areas of study:
Five reasons to study science and allied health with TAFE Queensland Brisbane
- Get hands-on, testing and analysing a range of blood, tissue and body fluids in world-class laboratories.
- Learn in your current workplace (if you work in the science and health industry) through workforce training programs.
- Learn and develop practical skills that are in demand and highly valued by universities and the science and health industry - this means you get a job faster!
- No formal science training? No worries! Our certificates and diplomas are available for both people without any formal training or qualifications and also for existing laboratory workers seeking formal qualifications.
- Your certificate or diploma will give you credits to study at university.
Did you know?
- Blood makes up about 7% of your body's weight.
- An average size adult has a blood volume of about 5 litres.
I've done it!
Benjamin is studying an Advanced Diploma of Laboratory Operations.
"TAFE is a great place with amazing facilities and exciting labs. The teachers give you the fundamentals that are expected in the workplace. The teachers are engaging and it is fun to learn."
Benjamin Hutley, student. Advanced Diploma of Laboratory Operations.