Visual arts courses designed to tap into and unleash your imagination.
If you want to nurture and evolve your inner artist then TAFE Queensland Brisbane is the place to go. Our teachers know how to teach you the technical aspects of visual arts and help you reach your full potential. We at all times focus on pairing natural talents and vision with commercial thinking, practical concepts and new technologies.
As a graduate, you'll be qualified to work as a professional artist, art gallery specialist, art director, illustrator, photographer, graphic designer and more. Whether you a looking to learn photography, painting, or sculpture, this your chance to let your develop work for appreciative audiences, locally and internationally.
Know your imagination and how to set it free with courses from TAFE Queensland Brisbane.
Your Own Way To Great
Refine your creative vision with help from our range of certificates and dual programs, including:
- Diploma of Photography and Photo Imaging
- Diploma of Visual Arts
- Diploma of Graphic Design
- Diploma of Visual Arts/Bachelor of Visual Arts
Major Industry Employers:
- John Wardle Architects
- Vogue magazine
- Clemenger BBDO
- Queensland Art Gallery
Select your palette and go to work:
Seven reasons to perfect your creativity with TAFE Queensland Brisbane
- Exercise your visual creativity with hands-on course units.
- Fine tune your skills in drawing and illustration, digital art, painting, print making, sculpting, cultural works, jewellery making and more.
- Expand your understanding of composition, design, sustainability practice and copyright.
- Display and sell your work at our regular art exhibitions.
- Learn from teachers who have their work exhibited all around Australia.
- Have the chance to progress to bachelor degrees in fine art or creative arts once you graduate.
- Increase your industry prospects with the highly regarded reputation of TAFE Queensland Brisbane and its teachers.
Did you know?
- TAFE Queensland Brisbane teacher Bradley Kanaris won a silver award at the Professional Photography Awards in 2011 and 2012.
- 2 million Australians do craft like woodwork, jewellery and ceramics. 1.2 million people use Twitter.
I've done it!
"TAFE Queensland Brisbane was my first choice to upgrade my skills. I have been stretched to be a great artist and the knowledge and information I have received from the teachers has been exceptional."
Sung Lee, Diploma of Visual Arts
"All our teachers had backgrounds in photography, and were always willing to share their knowledge, experience and passion with us. The course was so practical and in a lot of ways, you got out of it what you put into it. The courses are well structured to enter the workforce as soon as you graduate."
Michelle Secis, Diploma of Photography